Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

gs1100 swing arm & shocks 05 May 2006 20:05 #45402

• timber
  • timber's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
i have combed the threads on a gs1100 swing arm conversion. alot of great info already here, but i havent seen or read about the using stock shocks(asy that quick a couple of times) i know the gs swing arm uses a clevis lower mount, looking at a kz650 swing arm it has couple of little tabs, so why cant i just use my stock shocks with a grade 8 bolt and lock washer set up? i'm not trying to be that cheap but if i dont need more parts laying around than i already have that would be a good thing with momma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

gs1100 swing arm & shocks 05 May 2006 20:12 #45403

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
I have a pair of GS1100E shocks laying around if you are interested U2U me .. If I remember right ? the stock shocks dont line up right ,, The Clevis should be stronger , Baldy ( Pretty Red KZ650 ) cut off or made his clivis and then welded them on Fox shocks ,, It is another idea :) :)

Post edited by: Shoe48, at: 2006/05/05 23:13

gs1100 swing arm & shocks 07 May 2006 04:55 #45633

• CruisingRam
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
I am having my swing arm modified by having the Z type shock mounts welded to the GS swing arm, and a couple inches down from the eye on the GS swing arm as well, so that the shocks get the same angle as the bike was originally designed ot have. To me, it was the best way to go about it.
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

• Page: