Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

front caliper ? 26 Apr 2006 04:40 #42752

• Kawbeach749
  • Kawbeach749's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I bought caliper rebuild kits for my bike, and have everything together ok, but. The kits came with four small o-rings, perfect size to fit on the two bolts that the caliper slides on. But when I tighten the bolts the o-rings on the outside of the caliper squeeze out from under the bolt head. No info in the cylmer manual on brake rebuilds, and I cant find info anywhere else. Any ideas? When I just snug up the bolts the o-rings stay in place, when I tighten them real tight they squeeze out. help!thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

front caliper ? 26 Apr 2006 06:10 #42766

• fixer5000
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Kawbeach749 wrote:

I bought caliper rebuild kits for my bike, and have everything together ok, but. The kits came with four small o-rings, perfect size to fit on the two bolts that the caliper slides on. But when I tighten the bolts the o-rings on the outside of the caliper squeeze out from under the bolt head. No info in the cylmer manual on brake rebuilds, and I cant find info anywhere else. Any ideas? When I just snug up the bolts the o-rings stay in place, when I tighten them real tight they squeeze out. help!thanks

those o rings go inside the caliper slides!! pull off those little dust boots and get a light and look inside the slide tubes..get a pick and remove the old ones. slide in the new ones, grease em up slightly and reassemble the calipers....steve
1978 kz650b pretty much stock
\\\\\\\" get there fast but arrive alive \\\\\\\"
massachusetts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: