Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 07:14 #39459

• cjhansen2
  • cjhansen2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Hello all,

Getting down to the end with my streetfighter, just need to wire it, do bodywork, and get the swingarm done. Pics of the bike are at :
kzrider.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24367

Anyways, I decided I wanted to put a ZRX swingarm on the bike. I found a swingarm, have done the necessary machining to make it fit, but alas I have no shocks. What I do have is the new old stock konis that I had on the bike. They are in perfect condition and I was wondering if anywone had purchased a pair of zrx shocks and have decided not to use them. I really need a set and they do not come up on ebay very often. Also, if anyone is interested, I may be willing to sell the swingarm that was on the bike. It is a KZ750 swingarm lenthened 4 inches (originally same length as a kz1000 arm) with full length gussets on the bottom. The pivot point of the swingarm is welded in from the KZ1000 to match the KZ1000's wider frame. I used the KZ-750 arm since it allows for more clearance by the front of the wheel. (I had a 180 rear tire in it no sweat).

Thanks,
Josh Hansen

Post edited by: cjhansen2, at: 2006/04/14 10:18

Post edited by: cjhansen2, at: 2006/04/14 10:19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 08:13 #39475

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Josh...I have a set for My ZRX transformation(fall project),but obviously I'll be using them.I found another set for another Member for a pretty good price,so let Me see if I can dig up a set for You.
Give Me a few days and I'll see what I can find,Bud.B)

(Bill...You read this?...maybe You can have a look around too,Bud)

Post edited by: sandy, at: 2006/04/14 11:15
1977 KZ1000 A-1

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 09:19 #39483

• cjhansen2
  • Visitor
That would be great! Thanks a lot, guys.

Josh

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 13:40 #39533

• Z1R rider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
if all else fails, head on over to the zrx board, you can find take offs for sale every now and then. www.zrxoa.org/
1978 KZ1000, Z1R
1999 250 Ninja race bike
2013 WR250F, fun in the dirt

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 15:15 #39546

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
I bought a set of ZRX shocks from the a member off the ZRX board last year for $100.00. They sell them all the time on that site. Your bike looks sweet. It looks like you came up with the same style and color seat I put on my 650. Good luck

Post edited by: baldy110, at: 2006/04/14 18:17

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 16:02 #39561

• bob_z1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
cjhansen2 wrote:

Hello all,

What I do have is the new old stock konis that I had on the bike. They are in perfect condition

Are you planning to sell the Konis?
If yes, How much????????

`

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 18:27 #39586

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Z1R rider wrote:

if all else fails, head on over to the zrx board, you can find take offs for sale every now and then. www.zrxoa.org/

That's exactly where I was going to look...I just assumed He wasn't a Member,and You HAVE to register there to view the forum,and if He wasn't going to need to register and be a Member,then I could do the searching for Him...good call though...and Hansen...there You have it,Bud...if You want to register there,there's a lot of good info on the ZRX's and other models as well.
In the meantime,I'll look around there for You and let You know what I find...B) ...
1977 KZ1000 A-1

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 19:11 #39599

• wireman
  • Visitor
ive never been much for the streetfighter look,but damn thats gona look nice when its done!B) ;)im putting a longer swingarm on mine so i can put the bottle on top of swingarm in front of back wheel where its not so obvious.whats in the motor?

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 14 Apr 2006 22:36 #39628

• cjhansen2
  • Visitor
Thanks for all the help, guys. I will try and look in that zrx forum. I dont know on the koni's....I guess I would have to say make me an offer (I know that makes it difficult ;) ). As for my motor, it has a new old stock crank, (picked it up on ebay for $100 hahaha), which has been welded by ape, a ported and polished head, stage one yoshimura cams. If I have problems with the trans I will backcut it, but it isnt now. I also machined the head for the nitrous foggers. It has a 1200 kit in it also. Ill let you know how the zrx forum works for me. ALL I HAVE IS WIRING, THE BODYWORK, AND THE REAR SUSPENSION!!!! I have been working on this bike for 6 years now (in between college and getting a real job), and I really want to get it on the road!
Thanks,
Josh

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 15 Apr 2006 04:21 #39650

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Yup....it sucks when higher education and silly things like bills, groceries, etc. get in the way of quality wrench time!!
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

ZRX SHOCKS!!!! 15 Apr 2006 08:18 #39676

• wireman
  • Visitor
1197 and juice,should be a riot!:evil: :evil: goodluck,happy wrenching!

• Page: