Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

clubman bars control cables 28 Mar 2006 11:05 #34961

• medic24
  • medic24's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Have just acquired a set of clubman bars to put on my KZ550. I know a few of you have done this also. What I need to know, before I make Max unrideable, is were you able to use the stock clutch cable/throttle cable, or did you resort to custom lengths?
Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

clubman bars control cables 28 Mar 2006 13:01 #34989

• lifeliberty
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I had an 81 550 ltd with clubmans. stock cables were fine. I ran the clutch cable from the lever, over and to the right of the headlight and then back to the left.

at least that is what i remember doing. there are some pics of it on the old board, the archives now. i don't have a link, but if you can't find it let me know and i will find it for you

clubman bars control cables 28 Mar 2006 13:27 #34998

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I just put Bikemaster Clubmans on mine....clutch cable I hadda get a wee bit....uhmm..."creative" in the routing, as it was juuuuuuuuust a touch too long. I ran from the lever, towards headlight, then down between the bars and fork-tops, secured to where the backbone and left downtube meet, down the left downtube, under to where it goes intot he sprocket cover.
Throttle cables, well...lets just say shorter ones are next on the list. ANY amount of bend/tweak to loose the unsightly loop from control out front and back under tank results in a throttle that doesnt wanna return NOW. That I will not tolerate, so am on the hunt for shorter cables. Will try and get pics if ya think it'd help ya.
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

clubman bars control cables 28 Mar 2006 17:07 #35070

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I have Clubmans and stock cables. Having the fairing hides most of the extra length though.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

clubman bars control cables 29 Mar 2006 02:14 #35127

• medic24
  • medic24's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Thanks for the tips!

• Page: