Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Who has the plans for the frame re-inforcments for Z1 900s? 27 Mar 2006 23:47 #34869

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
I know I saw them here once, and I swear I bookmarked the site that sells the chrome moly frame re-enforcers for the old Z1s and KZs? There was even a debate on how to weld in those gussets if you bought the chrome moly- as chrome moly takes some skill to weld properly to our thin frame metal LOL

Any one have templates, plans, schematics, drawings of those race team and factory backed style frame re-inforcements and gussets?
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who has the plans for the frame re-inforcments for Z1 900s? 28 Mar 2006 05:32 #34885

• BohicaBob
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 35
I'm having a Kosman Frame Reinforcing Kit TIG-welded onto my '78 KZ1000 Stage III Project Bike frame at the moment. Below is a link to a picture of all the parts that make up Kosman's Frame Kit. In addition to the Kosman pieces, I made up two more tubes that connect the triple tree area to the bottom two horizontal frame tubes like that you see in the PMC Frame Kit, a picture of which is on another recent thread this week about this subject of frame bracing. The Kosman kit does not include these two tubes.

photobucket.com/albums/y56/bohicabob/197...KZReinforcingKit.jpg

Picture of the PMC Kit in aforementioned kzrider thread:

kzrider.com/component/option,com_joomlab...id,5/id,34744/#34744

Post edited by: bohicabob, at: 2006/03/28 08:48

Who has the plans for the frame re-inforcments for Z1 900s? 28 Mar 2006 08:14 #34924

• CruisingRam
  • CruisingRam's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 15
That is EXACTLY what I needed- you da man- um MAN- I am whipping out the ol' joint jigger and making me some frame bracing!

Thanks again!
1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Who has the plans for the frame re-inforcments for Z1 900s? 28 Mar 2006 14:38 #35027

• BohicaBob
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 35
You are very welcome.

• Page: