Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rice Paddy in Columbus, ohio 18 Mar 2006 11:56 #32225

• high toned son of a bitch
  • high toned son of a bitch's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey, went to the rice paddy today looking for some parts, swingarm conversion to mono shock. The guys boss had a 78 chain drive 900 with front and rear suspension from a 91 FZR. Looked really sweat. Front had upside down forks, gave it a real sporty look.

These guys have tons of KZ stuff. They have chrome rear swingarms and a lot of custom type stuff. Boxes and boxes full of misc. cables, turn signals, mirror, hand grips, controlls, gages, foot pegs, seats, tanks........... Its more or less a huge used parts place for older bikes of all brands. The one guy that was working said that they make up aluminum mono shock rear conversion kits for about $300, ready to bolt on. Not a bad deal if you can't match everything yourself.

I was wondering why mono shock swingarms have the lever on the bottom side of the swingarm? Is this for leverage or to fit a longer shock? I was thinking of just welding tabs onto my swingarms on the top where the brace is and bolting the shock there, would this work or do you have to have it lower for handling purposes?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rice Paddy in Columbus, ohio 18 Mar 2006 12:35 #32236

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
I have been to Rice Paddy before they also have a web site ,, You can do better in person than online ,, I have bought a few things there ,, maybe time to go again if this weather would ever warm up .. (:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: