Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I think something is dead 24 Nov 2006 20:23 #94697

• OGKZCAT
  • OGKZCAT's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks again, I checked all the connections, everthing seems to be in order. I'm pretty sure that a circut is not being completed , a break somewhere in a line. I think that I am going to make a new harness. Since its never going to be on the street. I don't need the turn signals, horn, or marker lights. So I can clean it up a little, and maybe use a heavier gauge wire to make sure everythings good. George, I'm not sure that I know what your talking about when you mentioned switchgear. My harness is the one with the small male/female butt connectors that all run into 3 plugs at one end. The main brown plug, the lil white to the fuses, and a ground for the rectifier. Thanks again guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I think something is dead 26 Nov 2006 18:01 #95170

• OGKZCAT
  • User
Hey guys, I figured it out. Went thru the harness and found a couple of crappy splice jobs. Went to the auto parts store and got about $18.00 worth of connectors (male/female, sodlerless butts, and inline slpices), and redid everyconnection. Took out some of the slack as well. Took a little bit of time, but looks nicer and easier to sort through. Thanks for all the advice, $18.00 in connectors is better than 2 to 300 in regulators and rectifiers.:cheer:

I think something is dead 26 Nov 2006 18:10 #95176

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Cat...right on Bud!
Glad to hear You got it figured out.How does it run now?
1977 KZ1000 A-1

I think something is dead 27 Nov 2006 02:36 #95280

• OGKZCAT
  • User
Sandy, It runs pretty good although it gets some popping at the higher rpms. I think its just a little off time, but now that its running I can put a timing light on it and straighten it out. Other than that its awesome, walked around all yesterday afternoon with a permagrin. I'll post some finished product pics soon. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate the help.:cheer: :woohoo:

I think something is dead 27 Nov 2006 03:33 #95283

• medic24
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey glad to hear it was a fairly easy fix.... I hate wiring!

• Page: