Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

not firing 28 Oct 2006 13:33 #88067

• rigidkz
  • rigidkz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok i have compression in all four cylinders, spark from all four, had carbs dipped an adj. still not starting can anyone help me please!!!!!!!! its driving me insane:pinch:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

not firing 28 Oct 2006 15:54 #88097

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey ridgidkz. I would suggest putting your bike's description, any modifications as well as your location in your signature. The more info you provide the better the chance of kzr members diagnosing your problems.

What's the compression on each cylinder?

Did you just do a rebuild or ring job.

This might be a hint as to your woes if maybe the cam timing is off. If the compression is within suggested range then Start with the easy stuff.

Are you getting fuel to the carbs? Disconnect the fuel line from the carbs, grab a catch cup and turn on the petcock. If you are getting fuel to the carbs then move to the carbs themselves. If not, take off the tank and look into cleaning the petcock.

You said they were dipped. Did you set the correct float levels by synching the carbs?

Try a new set of plugs. When you pull the old ones do you smell fuel on the plug?

If you are getting fuel and good spark and good compression maybe your choke is acting up.

I am sure other members will chime in with their suggestions to get you started.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada
1977Kz650 Custom, 14,000 miles. Latest re-incarnation includes 810 big bore with lottsa go-fast goodies tucked away inside.
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

not firing 29 Oct 2006 05:23 #88240

• rammy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Did the engine run before your repairs???Are your coils hooked up correctly?? 1-4 firing on compression stroke and 2-3 firing on compression stroke.As stated by the other member check all the easy stuff first. Dont over diagnois the problem and let it kick your azz by thinking of something deeper.Good luck.
The barn yard;77 Kz650B-1 Kaw(the fun one) & 89 classic hog.
Chicago area-south burbs

not firing 04 Nov 2006 11:25 #89665

• rigidkz
  • rigidkz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks for the ideas yes it ran prior to rebuild. yes the floats are right an my next step like you said im going to check the choke thanks!!!!!

• Page: