Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rewire 18 Oct 2006 21:29 #85365

• Sloth_Man
  • Sloth_Man's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi i have a 79 kz100 and most of the wiring is corroded. How hard is it and how costly to rewire whole bike?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rewire 19 Oct 2006 06:10 #85423

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Depends on your understanding of bike electrics. I suspect that after you bought the wire and connectors, shrink wrap and solder and other supplies, it might be just as easy and cost effective to buy a new wiring harness. I believe www.z1enterprises.com sells new replacement wiring harnesses. If you buy a good used one from eBay, I strongly suggest you get one from the same year and model as even small changes can be a challenge if you are not real good with electrical stuff. Most people talk about a bike having tons of extra wiring that really isn't needed but then want to use turn signals and headlights/tail lights and such and find that there isn't a lot of extra wiring... A lot of folks ask for "bare bones" wiring diagrams but are never heard of again bwhahaha
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Rewire 19 Oct 2006 18:29 #85575

• cb_eric22
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am considering this too. I have a 79 KZ650SR, and was thinking of possibly redoing the wiring, cleaning it up, stuff like that. I'm fairly good with electrics and wiring. Any suggestions?

Rewire 22 Oct 2006 22:43 #86433

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
cb_eric22 wrote:

I am considering this too. I have a 79 KZ650SR, and was thinking of possibly redoing the wiring, cleaning it up, stuff like that. I'm fairly good with electrics and wiring. Any suggestions?

get the same colours!!! that way it will still be colour coded and you can still use the factory wire diagrams;) it would be pretty hard to hook up a bunch of stuff if it was taken apart again and everything was one colour....
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

• Page: