• Page:

TOPIC:

Intermitent firing fault 02 Sep 2006 16:15 #74124

• Blitz
  • Blitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
I'm new here.so it's greetings from me........my problem is with the firing,sometimes it will fire on4 sometimes on 2 I've changed the coil out,same problem...I actually put a steel rod into the end of the plug cap to see what sort of shock it would give me......the pulse was bearable and was definately there but just very weak, the bike is a kz750 E 4 cyl 1980 US imported model,it was gonna get broken by a mate who is makin a KZ550 chop but I wanted save it as it is taxed and tested till the end of the year.I'm just hoping somebody has had the same problem with this model and could give me some ideas as where to start looking for the fault.

cheers

blitz
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

. 02 Sep 2006 18:22 #74145

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
del

Last edit: by JMKZHI.

Intermitent firing fault 03 Sep 2006 01:18 #74208

• Blitz
  • Blitz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah JMKZHI there does seem to be a fair bit of oil and crap around the wires to the coil I'll try giving it a good clean out,The weather is crap here at the moment so it's a job for later..........the person who had the bike before me had drilled a hole and put a bolt through the side cover so as to apply pressure to the left pickup I took the side cover off and still managed to have it firing on 4 clylinders.Thanks for your help.

blitz

Post edited by: Blitz, at: 2006/09/03 04:20
Attachments:

• Page: