Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Got it all fixed. :) 04 Aug 2006 16:51 #67177

• Omen87
  • Omen87's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I had posted a while back about a couple of little electrical gremlins that had been plaguing my bike.

1) The right control pod was completely inoperable. Purchased a switch from a 1976 KZ900 on eBay, exactly the same as an 81 KZ550, just had to change wires around at the connector so they were in the right spot. Kill switch, lights, and starter button problem solved. :)

2) My fuel petcock was flowing fuel at all times. Damn. Drained the tank, took the damn think off, and took it apart. There was no o-ring on the little piston/plug in the diaphgram. Replaced. Also, took the front side apart, the wave washer was in the completely wrong place. Fixed, no more fuel puddles. :)

3) Clutch was not disengaging fully. Took the adjustment cover off. Loosened the lock nut. Screwed with that adjustment screw until it worked right. Now no more lurching into gear.

4) Not at all a riding issue, but it has side cover emblems now.

Yay. My bike is ridable. I'm rather proud of myself as I had never touched a motorcycle until I purchased this one about a week ago for $750. Now I just have to get that whole license and MSF school thing done.

Here's a few pictures. :)

Click 'em for bigger versions and let me know what you think.

Post edited by: Omen87, at: 2006/08/04 19:57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got it all fixed. :) 04 Aug 2006 17:23 #67181

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435
Well done and you deserve to be proud of yourself. Nice bike. Have fun and enjoy the MSF course - I "unlearned" a lot of bad habits at one.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Got it all fixed. :) 04 Aug 2006 17:32 #67183

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
Omen87 wrote:

...Yay. My bike is ridable. I'm rather proud of myself as I had never touched a motorcycle until I purchased this one about a week ago for $750. Now I just have to get that whole license and MSF school thing done....

Awesome. I was the same way, did the same thing, only the other way around... Satisfying, ain't it?
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

• Page: