TOPIC:

Z1100ST 2nd cylinder loosing spark 14 Sep 2021 11:14 #855255

• PiotrKZ
  • PiotrKZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
 HI
Here is the situation:
- first of all I did wrong fuel level and previously measured 18,6 mm from the gasket not from the lip, but that is done now
- all carbs adjusted aand cleaned.
- spark plugs are iridium (got it as a legacy from previus owner)
Now the problem:
- when cold 2nd cylinder woks randomly even idling like loosing spark
- when gets warm it is better but up to 2500rpm (ca) it is still disconnecting one cylinder and because is hot can not say which one but would guess 2nd.
- from 3000rpm goes allmost smoothly, but each gear change drops rpm and again loosing ignition.

The question s where to looking for the isse? Maybe there is some common issue in this mode I do not know abou?
In my opinion must be somthing with ignition coil but can be anything!!!!

Piotr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Z1100ST 2nd cylinder loosing spark 14 Sep 2021 14:24 #855265

• zed1015
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1454
Unless it's a dodgy/fouled spark plug or lead ( it won't be the coils as you would loose both 2 and 3 as these are paired ) it's most likely to be a blocked or partialy blocked pilot jet on number 2 carburettor.
After around 2500 you are off the pilot jet and fuelled mainly on the needle and mains.
I'd check the plug first , Just try swapping plugs and see if the problem follows the plug.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Z1100ST 2nd cylinder loosing spark 15 Sep 2021 09:57 #855300

• PiotrKZ
  • PiotrKZ's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I clean up carbs very well, each pilot screw and pilot jet. All is very clean and no sign of residues. Must be something else and I do not know what that could  be! Will swap plugs tomorrow but all of them looks like a new.

• Page: