Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Turn signals not flashing after wiring harness rebuild 28 Aug 2021 15:52 #854474

• rokit_armor
  • rokit_armor's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Hey all, I decided to redo my entire wiring harness, and in doing so I did a delete of the turn signal control unit and reserve lighting unit, with a proper fuse/relay box. 
I am using the same LED turn signals in front/back and gauges as before, with the same EP35 flasher relay.
I've verified my wiring is correct, as far as B+, load, and ground on the relay.
Good voltage on B+, minimal resistance between relay ground and ground
If I jump the relay sockets for B+ and load the LEDs light up like they are supposed to; this tells me the issue is not a ground or hand control switch problem. 
I have orange/green from ignition switch to a fuse in the box, which then feeds B+ on the turn and hazard relays, with the load going to the turn and hazard switches respectively- which is the same as stock, the same as before.
The lights will turn on, just very very dimly and with no flashing. 
Is it possible by my flasher units are now defective? It doesn't appear that removing the turn signal control unit would have had any direct impact on the turn signal functionality themselves.

Here's the harness and fuse box for reference.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn signals not flashing after wiring harness rebuild 28 Aug 2021 18:00 #854488

• rokit_armor
  • rokit_armor's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Turns out I confused myself, since the wiring diagrams I looked at never stated if you're looking at the socket side or the plug side- so I had earth and b+ backwards. Doh! 
I had picked up a new EP27 to replace both relays (just in case the relays were both bad) and it didn't work. Realized my mistake, swapped the two pins and BAM all good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: