Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ550 Hazard lights not working 05 Aug 2021 20:47 #853249

• kzMax
  • kzMax's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
It's getting pretty late, so I'm going to come back and try to figure this out tomorrow. Thank you for all your help so far! 
1982 KZ550 A3
Central MA / Boston

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ550 Hazard lights not working 05 Aug 2021 20:52 #853250

• F64
  • User
  • 81-KZ440D2
  • Thank you received: 349
Definitely!
I'll check back tomorrow.
81-KZ440-D2.
Louis Dudzik's GM HEI ignitor conversion installed 2015 s3.amazonaws.com/gpzweb/Ignition/GPZgmHEImod.html
Motogadget m-unit blue installed 2017.
LIC, NY

KZ550 Hazard lights not working 29 Aug 2021 16:52 #854548

• Sturmeyhack
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 8
It might be a bad frame ground, or the switch itself might be dodgy. But given the turn-signals work and the hazards don’t, it’s probably a switch issue or hazard-circuit issue. 

You could try opening up the switch and giving it a blast of contact cleaner. Check for corrosion in the switch contacts, sand lightly if needed, add a little bit of lithium grease, and reassemble. Check, clean, and grease the electrical connections, too. 
2015 Versys 1000 SE
1980 KZ550A1 (again)

KZ550 Hazard lights not working 07 Sep 2021 12:59 #854965

• kzMax
  • kzMax's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12

It might be a bad frame ground, or the switch itself might be dodgy. But given the turn-signals work and the hazards don’t, it’s probably a switch issue or hazard-circuit issue. 

You could try opening up the switch and giving it a blast of contact cleaner. Check for corrosion in the switch contacts, sand lightly if needed, add a little bit of lithium grease, and reassemble. Check, clean, and grease the electrical connections, too. 
Thanks for the tip - I haven't really been working on this issue, as I was able to pass inspection without my hazards, so fixing them suddenly fell pretty low on my list of priorities. But your suggestions are definitely worth trying once I revisit this task! 
1982 KZ550 A3
Central MA / Boston

• Page: