Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Battery Box Mess 14 Sep 2020 11:48 #834999

• 82Spectre750
  • 82Spectre750's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just purchased this 1982 KZ750 Spectre. One of the issues I should fix right away is the disaster under the seat. There is no bracket between the airbox and the rear fender and the battery is just hanging from the cables, supported by a small flower pot. The voltage regulator and what appears to be an in line fuse are also dangling from wires in the same space. The rear brake reservoir is hanging from the hose, tucked into the same space between the rear fender and frame. Does anyone have a similar bike in stock form who can post a pic to show me what this is supposed to look like? I'd also welcome pics from those who have fabbed better mounts.
Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Battery Box Mess 14 Sep 2020 13:05 #835009

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Howdy. I don't have any pics for you, but you can try looking thru the diagrams at Partzilla. The parts are usually oriented in the drawings the way they should be on the motorcycle. You can probably find the battery box & whatever else you need on EB. The rear master cylinder usually bolts to the frame behind the RH side cover near the rearward side cover mount & there should be a threaded bolt hole on the frame.

www.partzilla.com/catalog/kawasaki/motor...ttery-case-tool-case

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Battery Box Mess 14 Sep 2020 15:09 #835017

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2050
Martin beat me to it. Looks like the whole battery box is missing. Please note that the full part numbers are listed below the picture at Partzilla. The numbers in the diagram are either reference numbers or the part category number. A full part number looks like - 90047-2314.

There should be some pictures in the factory service manual. Check under the Articles tab here at KZR to see if there is a free downloadable manual for the 1982 Spectre 750.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Last edit: by TexasKZ.

Battery Box Mess 14 Sep 2020 17:17 #835033

• 73z1
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 103
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationSearch "kz750 battery box" on ebay, several are listed.

• Page: