• Page:

TOPIC:

rectfier wire question 11 Jul 2006 07:11 #61052

• mark1122
  • mark1122's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
my rec has a black wire comeing out and it goes to the white plug . On the other half of the white plug this black wire turns into a black wire with a yellow stripe. This seams to be a ground wire. This conection has over heated and corroaded so badly at some time that the connection is no longer complete. But everything seems to be working?? This ground also goes to the Brown plug and it has over heated as well. Do I need to worry about this? should I Just Make sure I have a good ground to the rectifier ? Also the pink wire in the blue plug has over heated , where does this go ? My old manual doesn't show this .
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rectfier wire question 11 Jul 2006 07:35 #61061

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The rectifier needs to be grounded. The black wire coming off the rectifier ties into the wiring harness ground that eventually gets to the main chassis ground. If these wires are suspect, cut them out and solder in new wires as a reliable ground is necessary for the charging system to function adequately.

The pink wire in your blue plug connects directly to your stator. On your bike, the three AC legs off the stator are blue, yellow and pink. You should remove your stator cover. You will note that the three wires mentioned crimp connect to the leads off the stator windings. You should remove the crimps and solder new wires to these leads and connect in place in the blue connector. Many times, these wires fray and short where they come through the rubber oil seal block in the stator cover and this is probably what is happening to yours. The covers get hard and crusty and just deteriorate. You will find that there are also wires going to your oil pressure sending unit and neutral light switch going along with the three AC stator wires going to the blue plug. If the ends up near the plug are good, you might want to cut all the wires and solder new wire to these ends with the plug still attached especially if you are not all that handy putting pins in an OEM connector.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

rectfier wire question 11 Jul 2006 07:47 #61063

• mark1122
  • mark1122's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
Thanks I'll get at this soon.
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• Page: