• Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring on my KZ650 go kart 11 Jul 2006 03:26 #61011

• kzkart
  • kzkart's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Gday guys,
Brand new to this site but im making a go kart with a Kawasaki Kz650 engine on it. all i have to do is get the electrical side of it hooked up like coils and spark, but i have never worked on a kz engine before.

Does any one have an electrical wiring diagram for one, i have seen a couple on this site but they all have points. The eninge i have has electronic ignition could anyone also tell me what year the engine is by the engine no. KZ650BE128868.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring on my KZ650 go kart 11 Jul 2006 07:22 #61056

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
www.zedder.com has some engine numbers as does buykawasaki.com under owner info/parts diagrams.

Get ahold of a 550 wiring diagram once you have figured out the year of the engine and you should be able to figure out how to wire the bike.

In general, you will need a regulator/rectifier, an ignition switch and a battery. You will need a starter button/kill switch and starter motor unless you plan on kicking the bike to start it.

Power will come from the alternator and go to the reg/rec. It will come out in on two circuits... the white/red which will go to your battery/main fuse and then to the ignition switch to become the source for several SWITCHED circuits and the brown wire which is the source for the unswitched circuits on the bike which are the ones that go through the two 10A fuses. By using the term switched, I refer to the igntion switch and not auxilliary switches that control the lights and stuff. The coils and starter button/kill switch are part of the switched circuits.

You will have to decide how fancy you want to get with the kart's wiring and then more specific advice as to how to wire it could be given... perhaps even a wiring diagram. If it were mine, I would likely use a switch of some sort to replace an ignition switch. I would run the main white wire from a fuse to it and come out with switched power. I would run this through a KILL SWITCH for safety. Then I would split the output from the kill switch with one leg going to the coils and one leg going to the starter button. This would be fairly easy to wire and provide positive shut off for the power to the coils and some safety in having a kill switch.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Wiring on my KZ650 go kart 11 Jul 2006 21:07 #61258

• fische
  • User
check this site out for wireing diagrams

B1 = 1977
B2 = 1978
the number sort of refers to the year so C1 = 1977 too this is my understanding at least

good luck

Wiring on my KZ650 go kart 12 Jul 2006 01:53 #61312

• kzkart
  • kzkart's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
Yeh well im not to fussy on the wiring just really want the engine to go as such. with just a starter button and a kill switch. also what to u recon the essential parts that i will need for the engine. eg i/c box and rectifier. if any ones up for it i would really appreicate a home drawn wiring diagram of how its all done. cheers :)

• Page: