• Page:

TOPIC:

83 GPZ750A1 06 Nov 2018 21:12 #793499

• TheSmench
  • TheSmench's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I rewiring my gpz750 and have two questions

1. What are white wire and white/brown wire coming out of the reg/rec?

2. What is the black/white coming out of the ignitor?

I have the Clymer manual and know they trace back to junction box. I am working up to an m unit blue. I need to if these are constant 12v wires etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

83 GPZ750A1 06 Nov 2018 23:54 #793503

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

TheSmench wrote: I rewiring my gpz750 and have two questions

1. What are white wire and white/brown wire coming out of the reg/rec?

2. What is the black/white coming out of the ignitor?

I have the Clymer manual and know they trace back to junction box. I am working up to an m unit blue. I need to if these are constant 12v wires etc.

1983 Zx750A1

The white wire should be constant 12v. On most Kz's it would be directly routed to the battery positive terminal with no fuse. (A fuse would be detrimental, possibly damaging the entire electrical system if it were to fail while running.)

The brown/white on the reg/rec is switched 12v. The regulator uses this wire to sense the battery voltage while running. That wire also feeds many other devices on the bike.

The black/white on the ignition is for the interlock safety logic. It shuts off the engine if the bike goes into gear while the kickstand is down. To bypass the safety the black/white wire should be grounded. The black /yellow wire is actual ground so you can tie the black/white wire to the black/yellow wire, (then ground the black/yellow wire).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: