Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring help 04 Nov 2018 22:25 #793383

• Ltd700 chopped
  • Ltd700 chopped's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys I’ve read a lot about the other problems people had and saw all the diagrams, I just could never find one that was exact. Anyways I took the harness off, cleaned up wires by taking off extra acc wires and the old junction box in general. Bought a fuse/relay box has post positive terminals and negative, was hoping to replace that cruddy junction box but when it all came down to it my lights are on 24/7 ....my starter won’t even crank over when I press the switch.... my ignition controls nothing I feel like I ruined this project... I’m very mechanical, wiring is just a different story and I need some guidance, diagrams would be appreciated to! It’s a 1984 ltd700 guessing zn? Idk I was told it was bored out all the way so I’d love to fix it. Thanks I’m advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring help 05 Nov 2018 05:52 #793389

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Do you have the Kawasaki factory service manual? It has wiring diagrams.
If you need a manual, search eebbaayy for KZ750 shaft manual or ZN700 manual. there are usually one or two reasonably priced.

The ZN700 junction box & wiring are more complex than most of KZ750-4 models. The 83 ZX750 GPZ has a similar junction box.
Maybe consider getting a 750-4 wire harness w fuse box (instead of trying to simplify a wire harness w junciton box). It's still going to be a pain, though. At first glance the ZX750 handlebar control wiring is kind of crazy compared to my 81 650-CSR.

Simplified wiring diagrams. KZR topic by loudhvx. bare bones for mattylight.
see pages 11-21. If you can't find a specific diagram, try the ZX750. 750F/N shaft models. 750E/H/L/R chain drive. or 650H CSR.
note: some of the wiring diagrams are no longer there (pgs. 1-10). But from pg 11-on many are still available.

The following user(s) said Thank You: loudhvx

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Wiring help 05 Nov 2018 05:58 #793390

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Wiring stuff. Z1Enterprises.com has colored wire, terminal pins & connectors and other electrical stuff.
If you have to replace any wire, use colored wire & try to match the stock colors as best as you can.

Tools. Cycleterminal has a $32 ratcheting crimper for open barrel terminals. I already had a HF ratcheting crimper but the dies were wrong, so I got an open barrel die set off of amazon.com (the total cost ended up being about $30T for the crimper & dies). tools
cycleterminal also has a nice terminal pin extractor set which is very handy to have. white handles. crimping help
cycleterminal.com .... connectors

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Wiring help 05 Nov 2018 19:36 #793437

• Ltd700 chopped
  • Ltd700 chopped's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow thanks for the quick response! so I think I got it mostly, I’m having trouble with the orange wire coming from the turn signal switch. On the diagram it shows it connects to the junction box but every time I put power to the wire it just lights up both left/right indicators on the dash. I’m thinking there is a resistor before it goes to power? It should come on when actived via handlebar switch not ignition...Also the way I have my ignition turning everything on my head light/dash lights is always on, even with the headlight switch off. So what wire would that goto to make it right? It’s a red/blue wire. I’ll post a picture of the diagrams I’m using. There is also a green/black wire coming from the igniter not sure if I need it can’t find it on any diagram. Thanks for the help again its hard finding someone that actually cares :)
Attachments:

• Page: