Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electrical Fire In the Regulator/Rectifier today! 06 Sep 2018 16:18 #790411

• Dirtyhands
  • Dirtyhands's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
That's funny, that's the one I had on my watch list and ended up grabbing. I had much better luck searching through Polaris rectifiers from 2011-14 (clicking the used box) than I had when typing in the sh775. There are just so many damn fakes and I was getting frustrated sifting through them. I went ahead and ordered that Triumph harness too. Thanks for the help, I'll let you know how it goes.
1977 KZ650B
KZ750H Motor Installed
gpz750 Intake cams Kz750 Exhaust Cams
VM28SS Mikuni Pumper Carbs
Elecrosport Stator and Regulator Rectifier
Dyna 3ohm coils
Derale Oil Cooler
4into1 delkevic Pipes
Pod Airfilters

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electrical Fire In the Regulator/Rectifier today! 06 Sep 2018 16:20 #790412

• Dirtyhands
  • Dirtyhands's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
That's crazy Steve! what exactly happened?

Zac
1977 KZ650B
KZ750H Motor Installed
gpz750 Intake cams Kz750 Exhaust Cams
VM28SS Mikuni Pumper Carbs
Elecrosport Stator and Regulator Rectifier
Dyna 3ohm coils
Derale Oil Cooler
4into1 delkevic Pipes
Pod Airfilters

Electrical Fire In the Regulator/Rectifier today! 06 Sep 2018 16:37 #790413

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
It shorted out the first few days and fried my stator. I got one before and I could hear the rotor clattering. They count on them lasting just long enough so you can't get your money back. Now eBay is giving them top feedback for being a "Power seller" and won't let you leave negative feedback. It's all a SCAM.
Steve

Electrical Fire In the Regulator/Rectifier today! 06 Sep 2018 20:50 #790421

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

SWest wrote: It shorted out the first few days and fried my stator. I got one before and I could hear the rotor clattering. They count on them lasting just long enough so you can't get your money back. Now eBay is giving them top feedback for being a "Power seller" and won't let you leave negative feedback. It's all a SCAM.
Steve

eBay seller HATE negative feedback. EVERY time I buy something, they hound me with emails wanting feedback. If the parts are what I ordered, came in a reasonable amount of time, etc, I usually leave a great 5 star review., like "exactly as advertised", "prompt shipment", great seller.. but in the case of this arrowhead starter rebuild kit that their application data shows fits, a 1981 Kz1000K1.

My comments and review was 3 stars because it IS a nice kit. With my comment; "nice kit, of which 1 o-ring fit my bike". I just looked and can't find MY review, and ALL of the reviews listed are 5 stars . I also posted 2 pics showing my 2 brush starter and one of the kit laid out on my kitchen counter, attached below.

My 2 brush starter:

I keep clicking "submit" but my rating doesn't show, and they maointain their 100% rating. wtf? It says my edits will be submitted shortly. duh :-)
1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

Last edit: by old_kaw.

Electrical Fire In the Regulator/Rectifier today! 06 Sep 2018 20:59 #790423

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2629
I don't leave feedback until I know it's right. If not I use the message system and call CS if they don't respond. Even then the guy got 5 stars even though it was the wrong washer.
Steve

Electrical Fire In the Regulator/Rectifier today! 07 Sep 2018 08:31 #790443

• old_kaw
  • User
  • Thank you received: 269

SWest wrote: I don't leave feedback until I know it's right. If not I use the message system and call CS if they don't respond. Even then the guy got 5 stars even though it was the wrong washer.
Steve

I sent the seller a message this morning about 1 am, about how it was not for my bike, blah blah blah... I just got 2 emails from pay-pal and eBay that I was refunded in full for the purchase price of $16.16, and no further action on my part was required. Soooo.. they let me keep the parts and gave me my money back. What a deal! LOL
It seems on these small purchases, they prefer to just do a refund without the return freight, as long as it's deemed the sellers fault. AND, when I ordered it, I figured, WTH, it's only 16 bucks. win-win.

I had this happen on a new LG smart TV remote control too a month ago.. I was sent the wrong remote. after I saw it was the wrong one (had the right numbers on the packing slip), they issued a refund with no return shipment instruction. Do you need a remote? :-)

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.
Attachments:

• Page: