Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 03 Jun 2018 15:09 #784580

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2635
You can't trust them if they don't give you this shot.
Steve
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 03 Jun 2018 15:26 #784583

• perrykz1000
  • perrykz1000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
  • Thank you received: 32
Yes, on the 30 amp fuse or it will have one. Here are some pics of the one I bought. This is the good one right?
Attachments:

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 03 Jun 2018 15:44 #784584

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
That's the one. You did good. B)
Steve

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 03 Jun 2018 17:27 #784588

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
Steve , what about the brown wire on the diagram after taking off the old regulator and rectifier im hooking up the 3 stator wires and the fused positive and the negative ground. do i need to hook up the brown wire ? one more question after taking off the old regulator and rectifier do I need to do something about rhe neutral switch wire and the oil pressure switch... Thanks alot for your help and guidance....... Perry

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 03 Jun 2018 17:47 #784590

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2684
Good job you guys! SH775 is the way to go!

That brown wire is for the old sense wire which is switched power. You need to tape that thing back safely since it's hot. If your hold stator harness includes the neutral switch and oil pressure switch wires then you need to keep them. Just don't just any jumpers or whatever between stator and the R/R; wire direct to avoid any extra resistance.

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 03 Jun 2018 18:30 #784592

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014

perrykz1000 wrote: Steve , what about the brown wire on the diagram after taking off the old regulator and rectifier im hooking up the 3 stator wires and the fused positive and the negative ground. do i need to hook up the brown wire ? one more question after taking off the old regulator and rectifier do I need to do something about rhe neutral switch wire and the oil pressure switch... Thanks alot for your help and guidance....... Perry

Like Ness said, cut and tape the brown wire. (I leave a service loop just in case) Leave the two other wires plugged in the same location as before.
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 25 Jun 2018 16:55 #785892

• perrykz1000
  • Sustaining Member
  • Have a safe day !!
First I want to thank EVERYONE for all the replies and help. I got it all hooked up and working great. The mosfet regulator bolted right up where the old one was. Soldered all wire connections and used auto loom protection where needed. Keeping all the stock parts JUST in case I decide to sell later. Many thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Replacing rectifier/regulator with regulator all in one? 25 Jun 2018 17:21 #785894

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Great to hear. B)
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: perrykz1000

• Page: