Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

looking for wiring diagram 1978 kz200 05 Apr 2018 19:04 #781342

• seftick
  • seftick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anybody have a wiring diagram for a 1978 kz200? I'm trying to get the starter working... Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

looking for wiring diagram 1978 kz200 05 Apr 2018 22:57 #781344

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
  • Thank you received: 1896
Good luck with your starter and welcome to KZR

Attachments:

looking for wiring diagram 1978 kz200 22 May 2018 22:04 #783858

• seftick
  • seftick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Awesome! Thanks! Any idea know how I could bypass the right handlebar switch and instead use the key to start/stop the bike, having the headlight always be on when the bike is running?

looking for wiring diagram 1978 kz200 23 May 2018 07:34 #783873

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615

seftick wrote: Awesome! Thanks! Any idea know how I could bypass the right handlebar switch and instead use the key to start/stop the bike, having the headlight always be on when the bike is running?

You can use a car type ignition switch, but that doesn't work out too convenient. Besides a little re-wiring, it can be frustrating to try to start the bike since you will not have a hand on the throttle, and sometimes a bike needs a little twist while cranking. Your left hand will be on the clutch lever.

Having the start button under the throttle grip is really the best place.

Are you asking for cosmetic reasons, or is you start button and kill switch giving you trouble? If it's the latter, I would try to fix it or replace it. There are many Kz's you could probably source parts from.

Last edit: by loudhvx.

looking for wiring diagram 1978 kz200 23 May 2018 07:36 #783874

• JMKZHI
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Why do you want to bypass the handlebar control? What about the kill switch? Are you going to bypass that as well?
Is your problem that it just won't start? If so, have you don't any troubleshooting? New and/or verified good battery?

Using the ignition switch for starting the motorcycle isn't going to work. The switch needs to be spring loaded, so that power is interrupted when released. As for the headlight, can't you turn it on after starting the bike? It may be that the bike starts easier with the headlight off.

Last edit: by JMKZHI.
  • Page: