Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

%$^&** points cover 09 Jul 2006 07:11 #60424

• udder
  • udder's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
ok my 78 kz 100 points cover bolts both are broke off in the case. can i remove the case without major obsicals or just leave it on and easy out the stubbern buggers????? ones got a long enough stem i think i can get it the other is flush with the bolt hole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

%$^&** points cover 09 Jul 2006 07:27 #60429

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
left hand drill bits work the best use a center punch to get started. either get the heads off of the bolts and go from there. or well,machine screw removal is very similar to dentistry
open wide now

%$^&** points cover 09 Jul 2006 07:49 #60434

• udder
  • User
yeah i got the longer one out yippie but the other bugger is well stubborn. i was just wondering on the case removal because i can take the case to work where i have acess to a vise and easy outs or lefty bits.

%$^&** points cover 09 Jul 2006 08:04 #60440

• wireman
  • Visitor
talk real nice to your boss and see if he'll let ya borrow some easy outs ,that way you dont have to pull your ignition all apart.;) the more stuff you have to pull off to fix something the more likely you will end up with a bike in a pile of parts on the floor waiting on the plating shop,the machine shop,the painter and of course solomrus(:whistle: :P )and when you have atleast 2 #@% $$$$$$$$$$$ money pits that started out as oil changes and turned into while im here!then you too will be called wireman!:S :whistle: :P !goodluck,happy wrenching!

%$^&** points cover 09 Jul 2006 08:08 #60442

• udder
  • User
yes im sure that wont be a problem getting the easy outs. yeah this investigation has turned into the black holeeeeeeee

%$^&** points cover 09 Jul 2006 11:39 #60491

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
mine did that at teardown, I actually broke an easyout in there while trying to remove it.
I ended up having to cut some of the aluminum away until it came out, the hole is deepenough that I just had to retap the hole and use a longer bolt (bottom bolt).
No problems since as that cover comes off all too much now to clean it. :dry:

%$^&** points cover 10 Jul 2006 18:34 #60898

• savedrider
  • User
  • 1975 Z1-B 900
  • Thank you received: 1
You can pull the case off easily, but there is a gasket between the points case and the engine case. I would recommend getting a replacement gasket (there is a guy on eBay who sells them individually) before you take it off.
Get right or get left! <*{{{><

• Page: