Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Handle bar switch question. 05 Jul 2006 20:57 #59587

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Will a 750 kz handle bar switch for the start and kill switch fit a 1977 kz900?
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Handle bar switch question. 05 Jul 2006 22:35 #59595

• kzmarvo
  • kzmarvo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
:unsure:
Watch it folks,i have sticky fingers when it comes to a nice looking set of handle bars:)

Handle bar switch question. 05 Jul 2006 23:44 #59596

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
kzmarvo wrote:

Will a 750 kz handle bar switch for the start and kill switch fit a 1977 kz900?

Not sure.

There's two issues: handlebar diameter and wire leads from the harness.

If the handlebars are the same diameter (which I think they are) and there's fittings to match wire lead/function between the switchblock and harness (which should be fairly similar, I'd think), I don't see any big issues in using one.

Handle bar switch question. 06 Jul 2006 05:08 #59613

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
the housing will fit 7/8" bars. the switches will work if hooked up right. the throttle cable is a detail you will have to give attention too

Handle bar switch question. 06 Jul 2006 06:12 #59621

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
KZ900 has a switch for the headlight on its switchgear. ON PO OFF - There are a number of hot wires coming off... there is a blue wire for emergency lighting system off the ON or PO (can't recall from memory) and a RED wire coming off for the tail light in ON position. If your KZ750 (you didn't bother give any details so the answer will be vague) DOES NOT have a way to shut off the headlight, its tail light wire will come directly off the ignition switch. When you turn the switch to on, the red wire will be one of the ones that has voltage on it. If this is the case, you will need to splice the existing tail light wire (RED) to the wire off the KZ900 red wire off the switchgear. Like I said, the brown and blue wires off the KZ900 switchgear are also hot and the blue loops over and provides power for the headlights and the brown provides power for the horn and other accessories. If you start swapping switchgear, it is easiest to do if the bikes have identical functions like the auxilary flashing unit it present on both and both have clutch interlocks and both have the same functions for the headlight either on all the time or an ON PO OFF switch. If not, you will have to do some figuring.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: