Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750B spark problem 28 Jun 2006 11:42 #57783

• Bscott
  • Bscott's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1979 KZ750B, problem is spark. Ok heres the deal, when I hit the starter button the bike will run as long as I hold the switch in, but then the starter keeps spinning. The second I let out the switch the bike dies from loss of spark. I found that if I jump a wire directly from the battery to the black wire that would normally plug into the starter relay the bike will get spark and stay running. Problem with that is I no longer can use the electric start, and the ignition key no longer kills the bike, it will only shut off with the kill switch. I also am not getting any charge to my battery, I don't know if the 2 problems are related or not. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, I am stuck!!! Thanks, Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750B spark problem 28 Jun 2006 13:16 #57804

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
A Factory Service Manual really comes in handy, and if you don't have one they show up on eBay fairly often.

Mine is out in the shop, and I'm to lazy to walk out and get it at the moment :)
(plus the shop is a disaster and it would take me hours to find the manual)

Remove the headlight and unplug and inspect every connector inside the headlight shell, I had the same problem and it was cause by corrosion inside those connectors (79 KZ750B4). Also check the fuses with a meter.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/06/28 16:17
KD9JUR

KZ750B spark problem 29 Jun 2006 02:10 #57980

• grace1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
hi bscott
try checking all the connectors under the tank my 79 twin did some funny things a while ago turned out to be corroded connectors hte one near the coils under the tank on the left of the bike , also get some connector terminal spray and douse all your switches and ign switch
good luck
graemeB) :side:
bendigo australia, gold mine country
MY COLLECTION 1978 B3 KZ750 AND 1980 GS1000G

• Page: