Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Another No Spark... 25 Jun 2006 06:50 #56929

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I believe the Dyna S is very simple to install but you will need a strobe-type timing light. Some folks mess around with static timing but I never bother. I put the inductive pickup around #4 plug wire and rotate the Dyna S mount plate on the three mount screws until I have the marks on the engine cases aligned with the mark on your mechanical timing advance. Tighten down the plate mount screws. Then, I move the inductive pick up from the timing light to #3 plug wire and loosen the bitty allen head mount screws for the 2/3 pickup itself. Once you have the engine running, you just move the pickup till the marks line up and then tighten the pickup mount screws. SOME FOLKS have had issues, I belive, because the 1/4 pickup was not positioned carefully at the factory and they needed to move it; not just rotate the plate to find the correct timing where the mount plate was not rotated to the complete end of its rotation capability. I have installed about 20 Dyna S ignitions in the past year and have had to move the pickup mount screws on a couple of them because of this issue and it actually isn't a big deal once you understand what is going on. Anyway, your options appear to be replace OEM part with used part (a big maybe???) or an NOS part (break the bank) or a home made ignition or the Dyna S. There are other aftermarket ignitions but some of the companies are not in business anymore and some are overseas. Dyna S is in the US and has customer support. Contact www.z1enterprises.com and you will get about the best price.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another No Spark... 25 Jun 2006 09:54 #56983

• Mr. Mention
  • Mr. Mention's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I think I'll order the Dyna S from z1. If I have any questions, I'm sure you'll hear from me. Thanks for the help everyone!!!! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: