Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1980 Kz250 LTD D1 09 Jul 2012 18:35 #534894

• kodvenom
  • kodvenom's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi I have a 1980 Kz 250 i got for 200 not running with and no title but has good compression and turns over. no clutch cable that i cant seem to find anywhere lol. anyways when i first got it i took the carb off and cleaned it and it was in really good shape considering it was sitting for a long time. well i dont have a key and tumbler for it so i just bought a basic on/off switch with a key and ill re wire the 4 wires to it, thats all there is to get lights and it to start with the electric start i think. correct me if im wrong. well i had to re wire it cause they were open and not covered with anything. i have not tried to get the lights going again but before i put it back all the lights were working properly. after i re did the harness i have like 4 wires i just cant find out where they go again. i remember when i pulled them they all had a matching pair to something i just cant figure it out.. I think i need a diagram. Any help would be great, this is my first experience with a bike whatsoever so i kinda dont know where to go from here. Thanks everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 Kz250 LTD D1 09 Jul 2012 21:17 #534929

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
Welcome.

This post has some diagrams, even one for a 250, just not a stock wiring diagram:
kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/172746-19...t?limit=20&start=260

If you can salvage the original ignition, you can have a key made to it using a code # that should be stamped on the ignition.

Do try to find service manual for your bike.
A Kawasaki factory service manual (FSM) is best.
The FSM will have wiring diagrams in the back.

Post up some pictures of your ride.
Mandatory for all new members.
B)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Last edit: by rstnick.

1980 Kz250 LTD D1 10 Jul 2012 12:36 #535059

• kodvenom
  • kodvenom's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
it did not come with it at all i had to buy the tumbler/ignition with a key for it. when i get home ill see what i can find with that link. as for pictures ill get some up asap

1980 Kz250 LTD D1 15 Jul 2012 10:04 #536035

• sham
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey dude,

Let me know if you need me to focus on any section.

• Page: