• Page:

TOPIC:

Has Power but doesnt Crank. 09 Jun 2006 13:44 #53224

• GPz750KS
  • GPz750KS's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Bike:1982 GPZ750 or KZ750R1

OK. This started with a Clutch cable replacement. I pinched the wire going to the kickstand switch with the cover. It inturn blew the main fuse and the box. White/Red wire.
I repared the switch wire and replaced the 20 AMP Fuse. The lamp fuses were Fine. I have headlight Dash and instrument light but the starter will not engage when pushed. I inspected the switch at the housing. seems Fine. There was no smoke or burning wire smell. I looked at obvious connectoins.Anything in the headlight housing or other places that might be of interest? Any ideas before I start ripping apart anything else?

Thanks in Advance

Richard Z.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Has Power but doesnt Crank. 09 Jun 2006 13:55 #53226

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
  • Thank you received: 35
if you've got two wires to the switch, it's possible that something was destroyed along the circuit path. All you can do is get out the wiring diagram and start tracing the circuit.

Has Power but doesnt Crank. FIXED.. 09 Jun 2006 16:42 #53253

• GPz750KS
  • GPz750KS's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Ok fixed. I had unintentionly disconnected an unknown wire down by the kickstand switch when removing. It was still in the protective cover but wasn't making good connection. It was late last nite and I was in a really bad way. Good thing all the tall buildings and High Powered rifles were locked up.

I'm going to the Tornado Rally tomorrow at BIG DOG Motorcycles Headquarters here in Wichita Tomorrow. Eddie Money is playing a free concert. Thought I'd ride the GPZ and Class the place up a bit.

Richard Z.

• Page: