Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Need a front brake light switch (m/c mounted) 05 Jun 2006 01:32 #52141

• Werewolfx
  • Werewolfx's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I need a good master cylinder mounted front brake light switch, mine died. I checked z1enterprises and tried to check dennis kirk, but most of their pages are hating me. I also checked ebay, and apart from complete master cylinders at gouged shipping rates, none to be found.

So, if anyone happens to have one of these monstrosities taking up a massive amount of space and is looking to get rid of it, let me know.:whistle:;)
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Need a front brake light switch (m/c mounted) 05 Jun 2006 05:58 #52163

• hgelles
  • User
Hey werewolfx,

Couple of other sites to check:

www.Oldbikebarn.com
www.z1enterprises.com
www.americanclassix.com

Oldbikebarn had rebuild kits and aftermarket FMC replacements for a lot of years. The full replacement M/Cs were about 150 less than an OEM, if that gives you an idea of their prices.

Z1enterprises and Americanclassixs have good prices on a number of things, but on others they are a bit pricey (4.00 for a sparkplug, that the local autozone is charging a 1.85!?!).

I dont know if you tried Cycle-parts.com combined with the Buykawasaki.com parts list, I use it as a last resort because they have a 75 dollar minimum. If nothing is coming your way however, they are an option.

I wound up lucking out on ebay. I was buying a lot of chrome and stuff for my 79 750, I got someone who had a full FMC from an 80/81, he gave it to me after I bought a harness, crashbars, and several other items together. Got a local guy to make me a custom steel mesh brakeline and I was able to stop again. :)

You're right though, you have to keep an eye on ebay, some sellers are great, others really do get crazy with shipping, especially for small parts. I can understand two digits for shipping a wheel or pipes, but 10 dollars to ship a spring or a washer that would fit in a regular size envelope... c'mon!

good luck

Howard

Post edited by: hgelles, at: 2006/06/05 08:58

Need a front brake light switch (m/c mounted) 05 Jun 2006 12:01 #52271

• Werewolfx
  • User
I had already checked z1enterprises, I checked americanclassix and oldbikebarn today, as well as recheck denniskirk (its working today), and I'm mulling through ebay a few times a day.

Also checked a few pages that came up after a google search, but no luck. I'm going to run down to the dealer and see if he happens to have one that I can make work.
Chris

Need a front brake light switch (m/c mounted) 05 Jun 2006 12:01 #52272

• Werewolfx
  • User
blargh, the double post monster got me for the first time.

Post edited by: Werewolfx, at: 2006/06/05 15:02
Chris

Need a front brake light switch (m/c mounted) 05 Jun 2006 12:52 #52280

• Werewolfx
  • User
Whatcha know, the dealer had one in stock. While he was digging it out, I was playing with the old one and got the little pin to move again, but I still bought the new one and installed it so I'd have a functional used spare on hand.
Chris

• Page: