Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

anyone have a wire diagram 30 Apr 2006 13:07 #43943

• jamestheron
  • jamestheron's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
iv lost my wire diagram for my 79 1000 police anyone have a copy they can post for me i need to rewire the hole bike! has anyone done this be for that can give me some words of wisdom?? i just hope i can do this big of job what i did was try to remove all the police stuff lights fairing and other stuff and now i burnt out my coils :whistle: what do you think a shop would charge me to do a complete rewire and full tune up and a go through????

thanks for the copy of the diagram

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

anyone have a wire diagram 30 Apr 2006 14:00 #43948

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
  • Thank you received: 13
Well this one isn't for the "P" model,but it might help You...
1977 KZ1000 A-1
Attachments:

anyone have a wire diagram 30 Apr 2006 14:01 #43949

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
The other half...
1977 KZ1000 A-1
Attachments:

anyone have a wire diagram 03 May 2006 18:57 #44915

• jamestheron
  • jamestheron's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thank you sandy
now the problem I'm having is i bought new Dyna coils but i don't know the firing order i know its 1243 but how do i know what coil to run the wires to

and final when i was turning the bike over it was firing and popping and the air cleaner box was wet with gas could that be from having the gas lines crossed? there are two

anyone have a wire diagram 03 May 2006 19:30 #44920

• Sandy
  • User
  • Fly High,Tony
Sitting on the bike,the coil on the left will power cylinders 1 and 4...the right coil powers 2 and 3.
1 and 4 fire at the same time,and 2 and 3 fire at the same time...so...either plug-wire can go to either plug of that set(1 nad 4,or 2 and 3)
If You have the coils set up that way,then You have to make sure that the proper power wire coming from either coil is wired up in synch with Your ignition(green and black wires on the 77 KZ1000)
If You're getting "Popping" like that,then chances are that You have the coil power wires connected backwards,but follow it through and be sure that it's all wired properly...including Your plug-wires...be sure of what coil they come from,and what plugs they go to...
1977 KZ1000 A-1

• Page: