Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

charging problum 28 Apr 2006 18:30 #43507

• kawsakiman
  • kawsakiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
about a year ago i seen a item on e-bay that was a conversion for a kz650 to make the regulator and rectifier one unit. mine is a 77 and i'm either over or under charging all the time. i think it was about $90. without changing the entire harness any ideas how to make 2 units into 1 ? both parts are to expensive and outdated to contuine trying to solve this problum. i have a new stator($450 thank you local dealer!)i just can't figure this points in the regulator thing. is there a bolt in/wire in solution to my no charging problums?
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

charging problum 01 May 2006 09:05 #44162

• rammy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
sorry about the delay on the thread.HAVE FAITH AND YES THERE IS A beast out there that will replace both the regulator and rectifier.I instaled one on my 77kz650b1 last year and it was only around $100 from dennis kirk the part # is 20-1268 for a b-1 and 20-1248 for c-2.It is easy to install and you can use the OEM wiring
The barn yard;77 Kz650B-1 Kaw(the fun one) & 89 classic hog.
Chicago area-south burbs

charging problum 01 May 2006 13:45 #44214

• kawsakiman
  • kawsakiman's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
thank you very much! i'll go order one right now!
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

charging problum 02 May 2006 06:02 #44406

• TonyKZ1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Also Tony Weeks over at Oregon Motorcycle Parts makes the solid state replacements for your rectifier and regulator. I just ordered a new rectifier from him for my '75 KZ400 and it works great. Plus a good warranty on it too.
Tony
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Oxford Heaterz heated grips, a Scottoiler system. My Mileage Tracker Page

• Page: