Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electrical Problem 30 Jun 2007 10:07 #153888

• AlexV
  • AlexV's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey again guys, I am having some battery issues. I've read a bunch of threads on battery related issues but this has more to do with what happened when attempting to charge my battery. I read the "how to" from: www.msgroup.org/TIP104.html like someone had suggested, but I must have messed up somehow because things only got worse. Before attempting to charge the battery at least the lights and gages went on and the bike weakly tried to start.

The main thing was when I attached the red jumper to my battery it started to spark a bit more than I was comfortable with. I then put the ground on my battery, the (+) on the other vehicle, and then the ground. The more I fiddled with the hot wire on my bike, to get a good connection, the less charge I seemed to have so I quickly stopped. I removed all the cables (in the reverse order) and tried to start the bike again. It tried very weakly to start once and the did absolutely nothing. Now my headlight and gages do not even light up. :S

EDIT: Let me add that the bike has run in the past just fine. It actually ran fine for a few seconds with the suspected bad battery before conking out.

Any thoughts on what happened here? Sorry for making this post so long.

Post edited by: AlexV, at: 2007/06/30 13:11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electrical Problem 30 Jun 2007 13:02 #153904

• AlexV
  • AlexV's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I just swapped the battery out for a brand new one and the bike started up on the first try. :)
The guys down at the bike shop said it wasn't a good idea to try and jump start my battery. :blink:

Now on to my next problem:
The Next Problem

lol

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2007/06/30 16:42

Electrical Problem 01 Jul 2007 04:45 #154002

• BSKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
did the shop charge the battery for you, new batteries are dry and must be charged
77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

• Page: