Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

is my regulator and ignition shot? 23 Jun 2007 13:15 #152121

• themachine
  • themachine's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
fired the bike off, ran it for 2 minutes, then it started struggling and died, when to fire it again and there was no power, lights would not turn on when the key was on, no clicking or anything

i did notice when i was priming it it was speeding up and slowing down the starter

i put the best battery (most cranking amps)that was offered in that size in it for fear of not being able to turn the motor over or getting stuck somewhere with a bike that don't want to start, and i had to redo the ends of the stator wiring harness because they were burnt and some wire was showing when i disassembled the bike last year.

i checked the fuses, looked for hot wires, jiggled connections, ect ect, i haven't checked the battery because theres no way it could have been run dead by just 30 seconds of starting and two minutes of running.

the three wires i re-did on the stator were two tan ones and another different color that had the clip reversed, when i looked things over i found that one of the wires had slipped out of the crimp (bike side) is there a possibility that having the wires switched around could have shorted something out, that the wire out of the crimp could have done something or that the big cranking battery could have shorted out my regulator or something?

it smoked a wire(black and yellow) i followed it and it was on the male end of the igniter plug, could my ignition be possibly fried as a result? it heads to a intersection with 4 other leading off of it,the others are undamaged, one goes to the the regulator, one goes to the headlight, and the other two go up the the controls however they dont directly go to the ignition switch.

btw it sounded BEASTLY with an open header :D

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/23 17:52

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/23 17:59

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/24 00:57

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/24 17:21
82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

it ran good then died with no power 23 Jun 2007 13:28 #152124

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
themachine wrote:

fired the bike off, ran it for 2 minutes, then it started struggling and died, when to fire it again and there was no power, lights would not turn on when the key was on, no clicking or anything

i did notice when i was priming it it was speeding up and slowing down the starter

i put the best battery (most cranking amps)that was offered in that size in it for fear of not being able to turn the motor over or getting stuck somewhere with a bike that don't want to start, and i had to redo the ends of the stator wiring harness because they were burnt and some wire was showing when i disassembled the bike last year.

i checked the fuses, looked for hot wires, jiggled connections, ect ect, i haven't checked the battery because theres no way it could have been run dead by just 30 seconds of starting and two minutes of running.

the three wires i re-did on the stator were two tan ones and another different color that had the clip reversed, when i looked things over i found that one of the wires had slipped out of the crimp (bike side) is there a possibility that having the wires switched around could have shorted something out, that the wire out of the crimp could have done something or that the big cranking battery could have shorted out my regulator or something?

btw it sounded BEASTLY with an open header :D<br><br>Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/23 16:17

does it show a specific order for the wires in your shop manual?i know some of the older bikes are polarity sensitive,but some arent but i dont have that new of a manual ;)
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

it ran good then died with no power 23 Jun 2007 14:05 #152130

• themachine
  • User
delete me

Post edited by: themachine, at: 2007/06/23 17:53

it ran good then died with no power 23 Jun 2007 14:07 #152131

• themachine
  • User
delete me

it ran good then died with no power 23 Jun 2007 14:29 #152135

• themachine
  • User
delete me

it ran good then died with no power 25 Jun 2007 19:11 #152684

• themachine
  • User
HALP!

could it be the battery?

and is there a possibility my igniter is shot?

i'm buying a new voltage regulator from z1enterprises and i dont want to bake it again.

• Page: