Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

late model grip controls 04 Jun 2007 17:08 #146299

• greatbeefalo
  • greatbeefalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Could I interchange this module with my 80 750? I mean, how well does Kawasaki interchange their parts?

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-KAWASAKI-Z...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

late model grip controls 05 Jun 2007 05:25 #146443

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
If you looked at the connector on that switchgear and look at the connector on your bike, you will notice a problem immediately... Then the second issue is the functions provided by that switchgear... there will as kill toggle, a starter button and a START/STOP slide switch which I have no idea what it does... it isn't all that hard to adapter a new connector to a switchgear with identical functions but if you have different functions you will need to do some continuity testing on the wires and put a new connector on. Not sure you know how to do that? Well, you had best look for the correct plug-n-play style switchgear.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

late model grip controls 05 Jun 2007 08:56 #146509

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
wiredgeorge wrote:

and a START/STOP slide switch which I have no idea what it does...

The START/STOP switch controls a lap timer. I think its just a momentary switch.

I have ZX-12R switch gear on the right side of my 1000 and an aftermarket (looks like a ZX6 switch gear though) on the left of the same bike. I didn't modify the main wiring harness. I just cut the ends off the switch gear harnesses and soldered bullet connectors on. A hint since you won't have a wiring diagram for the newer switches is to take the screws out that clamps the switches to the bars and spread the switched open like a clam shell. You should be able to see what wires go where on the new switches.

Goodluck!

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

• Page: