Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Wiring harness routing 21 May 2007 18:07 #142156

• brawnyrebel
  • brawnyrebel's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there a good source for info on the actuall layout of the harness on a 76 900ltd. I mean how it is actually routed on the bike and what goes where?

Post edited by: brawnyrebel, at: 2007/05/21 21:09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wiring harness routing 21 May 2007 20:03 #142231

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
The best source is the page or two of carefully taken notes and drawings that you wrote down as you took the harness off the bike, along with the little masking tape labels you put on the wires as you disconnected stuff.
What, you didn't do that either?:pinch: You're screwed.

Wiring harness routing 21 May 2007 20:12 #142236

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
OK, like Kawsakiman, "Serious" now; I replaced the harness on my '78 last winter, but I had most of the old one labeled, and I could use my '80 as a reference if I needed to. The fat part of the harness runs from the headlight bucket, down under the tank on the left side, then tucks thru the frame and ends up behind the panel with the regulator, etc. Most of the wires that branch off should become obvious as to where they go and what they connect to if you just take your time. The wiring diagrams in the manuals help some too but they won't show how they are bundled together.
Ask more specific questions if you get stuck...

Wiring harness routing 02 Jun 2007 09:21 #145679

• brawnyrebel
  • brawnyrebel's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
What does the orange wire with the spade connector that is near the battery box go to? It is run with a red and a brown wire i believe. Thanks in advance. If there is any one on the board near NKY i would love to come take a peek at your harness

Post edited by: brawnyrebel, at: 2007/06/02 12:24

• Page: