• Page:

TOPIC:

Turn Signals Dead 21 May 2007 07:35 #141965

• indycycleworks
  • indycycleworks's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys,
New to the forum and to KZ's. Just picked up a 1976 KZ900 A4 for cheap and am going through it, making a few modifications as I see fit. She runs, all other electrical works, except the turn signals. The stock ones do not work and I put some new universal short stock mini signals and if you wire them normally, the blinker solinoid clicks, but the signals do not blink. If you cross the wires and turn the turn signal switch on, the lights come on solid and bright, but the binker solinoid does not click. I am at a loss as to what it could be or how to trouble shoot it beyond this. At least I know everything else works fine. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn Signals Dead 21 May 2007 08:04 #141981

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Are these LED blinkers? Maybe that is it. I think the power draw is smaller and the flasher can't work right, but I'm not knowledgeable on this stuff. Look here, tinyurl.com/2gy4ay

Do you know why the stock ones did not work? If the connections are correct and clean it could be a bad bulb or flasher relay.

Post edited by: OKC_Kent, at: 2007/05/21 11:06
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Turn Signals Dead 21 May 2007 16:09 #142118

• indycycleworks
  • indycycleworks's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
They are standard light bulbs, and I do not know why the stock units do not work. I am leaning toward the signal relay being bad. I would think that if the wiring was bad in some spot, it would not work if I crossed the polarities, but the lights did work. Do I need a specific relay or will any relay unit work?

• Page: