Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

78 650/750 wiring 09 Apr 2007 18:24 #128242

• greatbeefalo
  • greatbeefalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Im a complete moron with wiring. Ive got a really simple question to ask: What is the red wire running from the thing on the right side of the motor (like my technical terminology? I think its the alternator...maybe...) Is it a ground wire? Does it even HAVE a ground wire? What does it connect to?

Its a 78 KZ650 with a 750 motor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

78 650/750 wiring 10 Apr 2007 06:20 #128439

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Since you are a Texan, I won't make a smart comment like, it connects to the "whatchama-call-it". Take the time to go to www.kawasaki.com and explore the parts diagrams under "user info" and get the name for whatever you are talking about or post a picture. Your alternator is on the left side of the bike, not the right.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

78 650/750 wiring 10 Apr 2007 08:31 #128483

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
greatbeefalo wrote:

Im a complete moron with wiring. Ive got a really simple question to ask: What is the red wire running from the thing on the right side of the motor (like my technical terminology? I think its the alternator...maybe...) Is it a ground wire? Does it even HAVE a ground wire? What does it connect to?

Its a 78 KZ650 with a 750 motor.

If it's red, it's not a ground wire.

If it's blue with a red stripe or red with a blue stripe, and goes under the small round cover on the right side of the motor (as you sit on the bike), it's the oil-pressure sensing line. It goes from the sending unit, which is under the points plate and looks like a big bolt with the wire on it, up to the oil light on the gauges.

Ground wires are usually black or black with a yellow stripe. But other wires are also black, such as one of the ignition wires and some of the starter control wires.

Post edited by: loudhvx, at: 2007/04/10 11:34

78 650/750 wiring 10 Apr 2007 09:03 #128493

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Whatcha-ma-call-it=doo-hickey=thin-a-ma-jig.......
ANY part under the hood of a car to MOST females!

DIS-CLAIMER!!!!! Ladies out there, PLEASE notice that it says MOST, not ALL. I will now duck as cyber-objects get thrown at me!!!!!
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

78 650/750 wiring 10 Apr 2007 09:42 #128509

• greatbeefalo
  • greatbeefalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
AHA! See, Wiredgeorge, by giving me that link (Ive been to Kawa.com before but never noticed the parts diagrams) you have solved yet another of my problems inadvertently. Huzzah!

Loud, you pretty much answered my question. Thanks for using small words :P

• Page: