Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Turn signal lights. 08 Apr 2007 20:02 #127922

• Eric12775
  • Eric12775's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys I have a problem with my turn signal lights. The problem is that at an idle the lights flash at a normal speed but when I'm cruising down the H-way and try to use them they flash real fast as if they weren't flashing at all. They are an aftermarket set that was on the bike when I bought it. I have a 78 kz650. Any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn signal lights. 08 Apr 2007 23:31 #128014

• AR15Ron
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
makes me wonder if the bulbs are LED's?
If so you need to lose the old thermal flashers (the round metal things that click when the turn signals are on) and get "electronic" flashers. My only idea. Check and see if the bulbs are "normal" or made up of a bunch of LED's.

---- 09 Apr 2007 05:21 #128027

• H1Vindicator
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45
----

Last edit: by H1Vindicator.

Turn signal lights. 09 Apr 2007 05:32 #128031

• AR15Ron
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
You can also use the electronic flasher with regular bulbs. The electronic flasher flashes at the same rate no matter what, even if one bulb burns out. Which makes it hard to tell that you have a bulb out, but it's always consistant for flash timing. I got mine at advanced auto parts, even fits in the rubber holder. The one on the right side of the bike does the turn signals, the one on the left side does the hazard lights. You could probably try swapping the flashers and see if it changes.

Ron

Turn signal lights. 10 Apr 2007 06:26 #128440

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The bulb electrical draw is different than the one the original flasher relay was designed to handle. This relay is typically a 1" long aluminum cylinder hanging from a rubber holder around your battery box. You will have either one or two of them with the second being for emergency flashers. Find the one associated with the turn signals and replace with a "HEAVY DUTY" flasher relay from the autoparts store. These things have a wider range of power draw capability than does a stocker and the lights will blink as they should. These flashers will also have two connectors for connecting wires and these connectors will be arrayed like an L . | _
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: