Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

rectifier/regulator and stator 03 Apr 2007 13:26 #126207

• newLTDrider
  • newLTDrider's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
does anyone have any recommendations on the type of regulator/rectifier and stator for a KZ 1000 LTD 1978?

Mine are fried and need replaced. Once they are completely removed and I have the time, I am going to investigate further into why they went bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

rectifier/regulator and stator 03 Apr 2007 21:21 #126311

• donthekawguy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
You should be able to find a stator on ebay and you could go with a Reg/Rec combo unit from Z1enterprises.com. I think Ricks makes them.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

rectifier/regulator and stator 08 Apr 2007 18:01 #127838

• archaicbiker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I like Z1 alot also, but you can get one for about the same price with a lifetime guarentee from oregonmotorcycleparts.com. Hes been making them for quite some time for vintage bikes. I have one on my 77xs750 right now and works far better than a stock one.:)

rectifier/regulator and stator 09 Apr 2007 10:37 #128111

• stone_cold
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I bought the ElectroSport stator and rec/reg from Dennis Kirk. They're about $100 each and while that's steep for me (I'm really cheap) it was a very nice upgrade to the bike.

The electorsport charges at idle (unlike the stock stator) and the voltage off idle is really good. charging at idle doesn't sound like a big deal until you sit in traffic in the winter with your wifes electric heated vest sucking the battery dry. Or, you upgrade the lighting and find it kills the battery if you get caught by a train or any number of other reasons that zap your power.

I thought I paid to much until I used the bike for the last few weeks and I'm now very happy with my purchase ---- plus I'm over the sticker shock :ohmy:

Just my opinion and I've been wrong before ---- today even :whistle:

Later,
Tony T

Post edited by: stone_cold, at: 2007/04/09 13:38

• Page: