Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

handle bar switches 29 Mar 2007 12:00 #124649

• Rich
  • Rich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
The switches that control the stop/start buttons on the right and the horn and lowbeams/turn signals on the left are all sunfaded and look bad on my bike, and the horn switch doesn't work. I have left and right side assemblies that look the same except they're black and in much nicer shape. As far as I can tell, all the switch mechanisms are the same, but the end on the foot and a half or so of wires coming from each one where it all plugs into the wiring of the bike are different.

I'm a moron where electrical stuff and wirning is concerned, but the switches are the same, and the wires would control all the same things (start/stop, turn signals, horn etc). Could one take the wires off the original and solder the ends to the appropriate contacts inside the new switches and make it work so it would all plug in correctly to the bike? Mine is a KZ1100LTD and it seems all these were configured a little different, but the basic control switches all seem to be about the same. Since I haven't been able to find the exact right one, seems like it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

handle bar switches 29 Mar 2007 12:03 #124650

• wireman
  • Visitor
sounds doable to me;)

handle bar switches 29 Mar 2007 12:14 #124652

• Draco
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Works like a charm. Just did something similar with a turnsignal/taillight assembly. Canibalized a set of 6 prong connectors and made an easy connect tail/signal setup.
Good luck, and pay attention to where each wire goes into each connector.

• Page: