Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Coil Power Mod Diagram 27 Mar 2007 13:09 #124022

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
I have politely asked kzrider to delete this and all other entries in the filebase that I have submitted. This is why. I can't edit these nor fix any problems. The basic document was flawed because I wasn't very savvy regarding how to edit these type things and another member edited it for me and submitted it with some basic problems. In the future I will only be responsible for the stuff that I put on our website which is far more accurate and up to date. Since I was responsible for the basic filebase submission initially, I really wish folks would stop doctoring up my write up and drawing and attributing it to me but I guess there is no real way to do this. If anyone needs to know how to do the "coil repowering mod" I initially wrote up, please see the "wg's Tech Stuff Index" on our website. Thanks!
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Coil Power Mod Diagram 27 Mar 2007 13:33 #124025

• shawntmartin
  • shawntmartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I will go see, but what is different than what is listed here? If KZRider doesn't delete this document then it would help members to take the correct version (what you have on your website) and put it here with a title like "Coil Power Mod Revised" That way, if there is something wrong with what is posted here, people won't make reference to you since it "looks" like you posted it. And I, for one, wasn't doctoring up anything, just in case that reference was for me.. You do have to keep in mind that because it isn't deleted and your name is on it, people are going to make reference to you because we have no way of knowing any different. So when you say you are sick and tired of members doing this and that, it just comes across like we info seekers are the ones at fault. We are just trying to learn. So again, if KZRider isn't going to delete it, then you can revise it your self with a totally new post, or deal with the frustration that you seem to have now.

Post edited by: shawntmartin, at: 2007/03/27 16:49

Coil Power Mod Diagram 27 Mar 2007 18:27 #124113

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
  • Thank you received: 7
wiredgeorge wrote:

...The basic document was flawed because I wasn't very savvy regarding how to edit these type things and another member edited it for me and submitted it with some basic problems.....

Hmm. I think you mean the one done years ago, edited by "clawson". This does not appear to be that one.

wiredgeorge wrote:

...I really wish folks would stop doctoring up my write up and drawing and attributing it to me but I guess there is no real way to do this. .....

What? Nobody changed it. It still sits in a steady state that it has been in in the filebase for quite some time. I was just using it as a well-known, common point of reference. But hereafter, I will no longer call it the "WiredGeorge" coil-power mod.

wiredgeorge wrote:

...If anyone needs to know how to do the "coil repowering mod" I initially wrote up, please see the "wg's Tech Stuff Index" on our website. Thanks!

I checked the posted one on your site... as far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same content as the doc in the filebase. Sure there are subtle differences, but the basic same info. But, point taken, and I completely understand. In fact this is one of the undesirable things about the internet: your old, undesirable version will be in Google cache for decades to come...
(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Coil Power Mod Diagram 29 Mar 2007 06:36 #124567

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Clawson was indeed kind enough to edit the basic document I didn't know how to post. Unfortunately, he added a few things I wasn't really keen about. This is the basic document I refer to and when I see folks say "I meant this" or "I meant that", it bothers me that the basic instructions were obviously not clear. The instructions were made for a 903/1015 but in adapting to other models, I am not real sure of the wire colors so there are no alternate drawings for other models. I hate to see folks post stuff the shawnmartin did as others will likely use this "drawing" as they do searches and attribute this info to me. The drawing on our website is up to date and while not a lot has changed there are important differences from the "filebase" submission which has subsequently been removed. I will try and add a corrected "article" in the near future which allows editing as more info becomes available on the subject.

For those that don't believe this mod is beneficial and never do it; I totally respect your opinion regarding your own bike. Do what you like. This was the most downloaded filebase article by far so it must have been effective for some of the folks who made the mod. Everyone can have an opinion and the intelligent person listens to the opinions of others and then adopts the things that work and files the things that don't.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Coil Power Mod Diagram 29 Mar 2007 07:01 #124573

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
wiredgeorge wrote:

Clawson was indeed kind enough to edit the basic document I didn't know how to post.....

Good ol' Clawson . Wonder if he ever sold his bike... Wonder if he ever got his pilot license... Wonder if he still visits this site under an alternate username... ;)

wiredgeorge wrote:

I hate to see folks post stuff the shawnmartin did as others will likely use this "drawing" as they do searches and attribute this info to me...

Yeah, I feel ya. I've been there (in a similar situation, different place). But I think (read: hope) a reader can see that Shawn and I were discussing *his* problem with the specific relay in question, with the specific wiring situation. The picture really is a clear way for Shawn to get his specific question answered in a way he understands.

Besides, I think nobody but you, me, Shawn, Ivar, and Lou (and maybe Steve) are reading any of this anyway.... :laugh: :whistle:

And for what it's worth George, if I haven't mentioned it before, thanks for writing the thing in the first place...

B)
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Coil Power Mod Diagram 29 Mar 2007 07:06 #124576

• shawntmartin
  • shawntmartin's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm sorry that you "hate" what I posted. But if making a diagram is easier for us to discuss what I'm doing then a diagram is getting posted. I *specifically* said that I was only posting it for Biquetoast (and whoever else that can help) and ONLY to confirm that I understood what I read. I *specifically* said that I was NOT trying to revise anything. What confuses me is that if the diagram is correct, then whats the complaint? Its not like bad info is leaking out with your name all over it. Also, I revised my original post by saying "I read a document originally posted by wiredgeorge and then altered by someone else". That way people won't refer to you.

Post edited by: shawntmartin, at: 2007/03/29 15:25

Coil Power Mod Diagram 29 Mar 2007 07:11 #124579

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
:whistle: B)

Post edited by: Biquetoast, at: 2007/03/29 10:36
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com

Coil Power Mod Diagram 29 Mar 2007 12:22 #124654

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey Im reading too:pinch:
78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.

• Page: