Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

'81 750H - intermittent turn signals 19 Mar 2007 18:09 #121711

• psychbiker
  • psychbiker's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Coming out from under the Midwestern winter, we're still having bouts of brisk temperatures.

Prepping the bike for the season, I revisited a turn signal problem with the right rear stem. Apparently it got bent during time with a previous owner. This resulted in the retaining bolt coming into contact with the rear fender.

This time around though, I ended up with a blown master fuse. Trolling these here forums, I cleaned the fuse box contacts and replaced the turn relays with the transitorized variety.

Having no success in bending back the right rear turn signal stem, I reverted to the ol' standby of a bungie cord between the left and right stems.

All seemed well ... with strong, regular blinks and the automatic turn off functioning flawlessly.

However, it seems whenever the bike gets cold, the entire turn signal system goes into hibernation.

Anything thoughts on what could be shutting down the entire turn signal system, probably due to cold?

Post edited by: psychbiker, at: 2007/03/20 04:36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'81 750H - intermittent turn signals 20 Mar 2007 20:34 #122114

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20
Just a guess, but the last thing you did was switch to a transistor relay flasher? Maybe go back to the older type, and see what happens.

Could also be a weak battery in combination with dirty bulb sockets and wire connections.

I know if one of my bulbs is bad the turn signal system gets wierd, sometimes working sometimes not flashing but still lit up; replace the bulbs, they are cheap.
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

'81 750H - intermittent turn signals 20 Mar 2007 20:40 #122115

• Shoe48
  • User
  • Live each day as it is your last
  • Thank you received: 5
Check your grounds .. Black wire /yellow stripe

Post edited by: Shoe48, at: 2007/03/20 23:40

• Page: