• Page:

TOPIC:

Dyna coil installation 10 Mar 2007 10:55 #118976

• oldbikemike
  • oldbikemike's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Guys,
My question is, do i have to make a special bracket to fit my new dyna dc1-1 coils onto my 1980 kz750e1?
Also it says that i don,t have to put the wires in any particular place because of the polarity? Any help you give me will save me alot of trouble before i tear everything apart.........Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dyna coil installation 10 Mar 2007 11:21 #118980

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Depending on if you got one for the bike, it will mount the same way as the previous coils. There are 3 holes on the mounting part on the coils, one in th rear and 2 on the other side. The inner hole on the 2 hole side is the one used for Kawasakis. Tip.... put on the primary wires before the bolts, and it doesnt really matter which side its one but I put my live wire on the top, more out of the way of rain and water. I just put those coils on my bike
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Dyna coil installation 10 Mar 2007 11:45 #118986

• oldbikemike
  • oldbikemike's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the reply but will these coils fit without making a bracket,i see you have a 650 and mine is a 750 are they the same mounting brackets?????

Dyna coil installation 10 Mar 2007 12:02 #118990

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
I got my coils from Z1 so they are supposed to fit without any extra parts, so I guess if you bought yours under the model of bike it was intended for it should fit right on, just take off the mounting screws off the previous coil and it will work. If you have the previous coil put them side by side and see that the wholes are the same distance apart
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

• Page: