Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problems starting KZ550 LTD 18 Mar 2007 05:01 #121213

• eMusicMan
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys, thanks for the tips - I went yesterday to go get a new battery since I found the current one is actually about 10yrs old! The store didnt have one though so as soon as I find out if this solves things, I'll post back...

-Dustin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Problems starting KZ550 LTD 18 Mar 2007 14:04 #121315

• eMusicMan
  • User
Ok - just once again, thanks to everyone. This morning I hooked up my multimeter to the bike and it was about 12v while sitting... but then dropped to 1v while starting. :\ Yeah. 1v.

SO I put in a new battery after charging it up and it starts like brand new...! Took it out for awhile today in Madison and had a blast - thanks!

-Dustin

Problems starting KZ550 LTD 18 Mar 2007 16:04 #121341

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
eMan: You might consider putting your location in your signature so we'll know to look out for you in Madison, Wisconsin or Madison County where we hear there are bridges. :laugh:

Problems starting KZ550 LTD 18 Mar 2007 16:08 #121342

• eMusicMan
  • User
Ok - slightly off topic for this forum, but is there any groups of KZ riders who meet in the general Madison area? My gf is from Oregon...

Problems starting KZ550 LTD 18 Mar 2007 16:31 #121348

• neilage66
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Cool!
The Slimey Crud Run is the first Sunday in May and October...Pine Bluff, WI to Leland, WI and back. It's a great run, close by, and a chance to see some nice bikes and meet a person or two from this forum (minus Kwakagoose of course).
If you search the archive of this forum, you will find a ton-o-info about this event.
There are several Kzer's in/around Madison...also Milwaukee and Kenosha and Chicagoland area.
I hear they meet at the Paradise Lounge and Quaker Steak and Lube in Madison too. Never been to either as I work "in town" and am usally a home body in the evenings nowadays. :)
If you would like to ride sometime or head to the Crud Run, let me know. pm me if you wish.

• Page: