Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

where do I start 26 Feb 2007 10:45 #115567

• zaciiz
  • zaciiz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 78 650d that I bought cheap. It had ran up til about 2001 and then was sinfully parked uncovered and outside in an old ladies' back yard until I got it last summer. I was able to get the engine running well but just about all of the forward switches, lights, and guages are well corroded and should be replaced. What is the best method of finding these parts as well as the electricals under the seat? Aftermarket sites seem to be expencive and it seems like I can only find a part here and there on ebay. In the interest of simplicity I would really like to find a source where I can find parts at one place. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

where do I start 26 Feb 2007 10:51 #115570

• wireman
  • Visitor
id find a complete 650 parts bike with a bad motor,should be able to find one fairly cheap.you could probably find complete bike for less than the price of replacement parts;)

where do I start 26 Feb 2007 10:55 #115573

• 77Davo650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Do some searching for old motorcycle salvage shops around town, I found one here that has enough parts to rebuild a whole fleet of kz's (among other bikes), it was hard to find, but man it saved my butt many times. Sometimes the prices aren't as cheap as you will find on ebay, sometimes cheaper, it all depends.
77 KZ650 C1 (sold)
78 KZ650 B2 (sold)
78 KZ400 B1 (sold)
78 kz400 C1 (resto-mod)
78 kz400 C1 (hardtail low chop)
couple of possible project kz's in parts

• Page: