Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Scorpio Alarm 25 Feb 2007 16:36 #115353

• b10bob
  • b10bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi ALL Has anybody fitted a Scorpio pageing alarm to a 1976 KZ900. I bought one when I was last in the USA and about to fit it. In the manual it tells me to pick up a lead that is always live when the bike is running (tail light or headlight) but as this is a US model now in the UK, it dose not have the lights on unless I switch them on. It also has an after market electronic ignition fitted, so I dont want to tap in this.
I will sit with meter and have a play but just wanted if anybody else has come across this and what they did.
What do you think of this alarm system, good or bad. Thanks Bob in the UK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scorpio Alarm 26 Feb 2007 11:14 #115576

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
b10bob wrote:

Hi ALL Has anybody fitted a Scorpio pageing alarm to a 1976 KZ900. I bought one when I was last in the USA and about to fit it. In the manual it tells me to pick up a lead that is always live when the bike is running (tail light or headlight) but as this is a US model now in the UK, it dose not have the lights on unless I switch them on. It also has an after market electronic ignition fitted, so I dont want to tap in this.
I will sit with meter and have a play but just wanted if anybody else has come across this and what they did.
What do you think of this alarm system, good or bad. Thanks Bob in the UK.

If I am not mistaken, the supply line to the headlight switch is as discribed; hot when ignition is on. The switch then routes the power on to the bulb.
Just be sure that you stay on the "correct" side of the light switch. If you have a headlight relay, the wire from it to the switch should be the one I speak of.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: