• Page:

TOPIC:

Happy endings 22 Jan 2007 23:48 #107597

• Qdude
  • Qdude's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
  • Thank you received: 1
My electrical problem seems to have fixed itself as now my charging system is working just fine. Here is my theory as to how this happened, see if you agree.

The prior owner removed the back fender from this 77 KZ 650. Looks great I might add, but now the splash from the wet roads sprays all over the bottom of the seat, and my back, and surely ends up soaking the electronics clustered around the battery. I believe this led to the shorting problem that I had.

This mod would be great if I lived in New Mexico or some other arid clime, but I live in Seattle!! I am going to get a splash guard of some type back in there until I can locate another fender, and hopefully I will re-create a wet weather bike.

I ordered a voltmeter guage that should arrive this Wednesday that will help me with further diagnostic. I'll just run it from switched 12v ignition power to ground.

Now to tackle the gas leak....
77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Happy endings 23 Jan 2007 03:43 #107609

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Qdude wrote:

The rain and snow and wet conditions dried up, and the weather has been wonderful. This co-incides with my bike's charging system's full recovery....

Coincidence?....

You must have clicked "New Topic" instead of "Reply" and started another thread :)

I'll delete the other one for you.
KD9JUR

Happy endings 23 Jan 2007 06:28 #107619

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Many rear fenders on ebay dude :)
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

• Page: