Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rectifier replacement questions. 16 Jan 2007 08:29 #106058

• JCGreen
  • JCGreen's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I am going to be replacing my rectifier on my KZ1000P18 due to electrical issues and I was wondering is there any easy way to get to the dang thing? There is like
<---> space underneath the battery case mount where it is located so I can't slip any kind of screwdriver up there. Am I going to have to take the whole dang thing apart? Preciate any input!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rectifier replacement questions. 16 Jan 2007 20:02 #106207

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
That would be a regulator/rectifier and I think you will have to pull the battery box out.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Rectifier replacement questions. 17 Jan 2007 08:54 #106284

• JCGreen
  • JCGreen's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Your right, its the regulator/rectifier. I just got lazy with my typing. I did notice that the wires from it seem to go deep into the bike. Does anyone know where the actual socket hook-up is located in there?

Rectifier replacement questions. 17 Jan 2007 12:31 #106356

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
There will be two main connectors I think. The first is the one coming from your stator. That will be on the lower left, under your battery box. The other connector will be on the junction panel on the left side (as you sit on the bike). Power comes off the stator, goes through the reg/rec and then out of the reg/rec, through that panel to the fuse box and to the battery on a thick white/red wire... you will see that wire splitting over near the junction panel. Just suck it up and get that battery out and then pull the battery box; Kaw does that on many of the Z1/KZ models just for spite hehe
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

• Page: