• Page:

TOPIC:

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 19:07 #105080

• JimatMilkyWay
  • JimatMilkyWay's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Oh BTW kzwolfer
"Don't know how or when you made the space warp jump from the tropics to God's country, but congrats. on the move.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 19:53 #105089

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
wiredgeorge wrote:

kzwolfsr -Try re-reading the fellow's post. He doesn't know what type bike he has. Based on his somewhat disjointed style, he may not know where he is located! bwhahaha....

I now know what bike I have (I think) But I am still not sure where I am. I guess I am currently still on earth at this time. Nice planet you folks got here; the question is, is it still a planet or has it been demoted for some obscure reason?

....As far as your plug fouling, the coil repowering article is on our web site. Have a look. It will likely help....

Just exactly, _how_ do you think I knew about your article in the first place!? The instant I read it I thought, "Oh, wow,,, I _LIKE_ the sound of that"; thank you very much. I intend to get on it this weekend if I can get my honey do's dun.

....You didn't mention the state of tune of your bike nor did you mention which spark plugs you are using...

The bike is, like, 95% restored. All ignition components are 'new' complete with green coils of some kind. The carbs were rebuilt and rejetted which is where I think one problem may be.

....clean or replace your air filter....

The filters are two, twin, oval K&N's, new.

....Second, install the correct heat range spark plug....

The plugs in it now are B7ES. It had B8ES when I got it. I think I want Bosch platinum plus4's in it, but I read somewhere that is not a good idea, so I have not changed.

....If you read the coil repowering article, first thing you would do there is check voltage at the coils....

I have not done this as I wanted to get more ideas on the repower circuit before I worry about sub-normal voltage value on current setup.

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 20:11 #105092

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
wireman wrote:

welcome to z-jungle!pictures ,we need pictures!;)

Thanks Mr. Dude
Pics will be forth coming; I hope.
You see, I am afraid to report that I was a nasty, _nasty_ boy last year and Ole Saint Nick did not deliver the Canon EOS 400D Rebel XTi DSLR with 18mm to like 130mm lens that I requested. Am still trying to decide on the lens, as it is critical to not pay the purchase price for an OK body and then skimp, even a little bit on the correct lens for the job I wish to do with the setup.

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 20:16 #105093

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
BTW wireman,
6.6K posts!
Are you for real?

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 21:41 #105108

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
JimatMilkyWay wrote:

BTW wireman,
6.6K posts!
Are you for real?

Yep, he is the Record Holder here at KZR :D
KD9JUR

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 21:48 #105109

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
JimatMilkyWay wrote:

BTW wireman,
6.6K posts!
Are you for real?

hes real, very very real :laugh: you might call him addicted to this site, but Im well on my way there too:whistle: :whistle:
the green coils you mention are probably dyna 3ohm coils. does it have a dyna electronic ignition too, or still the old points?
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

New Scooter 11 Jan 2007 22:26 #105114

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
77KZ650 wrote:

....the green coils you mention are probably dyna 3ohm coils. does it have a dyna electronic ignition too, or still the old points?

They are, in fact Dyna coils because it says that on them, but I have no idea what they are ( yet ).
Also, I have not cracked the cover plate to see what ignition system is underneath.
All I know is it don't have __ A N Y __ major problems. Except, of course fouling the plugs, in short order every time it is started. No smoke, no oil leaks, no clutch or transmission issues.
I think I have run two tanks of fuel, maybe three thru it since I got it. What is that, like 250 to 350 miles?
This weekend I might try and snap off a few pics with my step sons digital camera, then see if he can figure out how to size them and punch in the link for you guys to access; he does that kind of stuff for ( a living??? ). Don't expect much. The camera is an old Black-N-Decker with a kick starter.

New Scooter 13 Jan 2007 09:51 #105381

• JimatMilkyWay
  • User
Last night, I got a little more info on my new toy.
I checked for ignition type. Magnetic pickups mean electronic ignition, right? There are no points.
Also I built me a pretty neat differential manometer in prep for carb synch., thanks to all you guys who don't mind sharing info that you could probably get paid for. It is a major help for us inexperienced types. Then I tossed the 4ft. sissy bar and installed the "luggage rack" that the guy who owned it before me had swapped. I read the articles from the KZ info section, on the quad Mikuni setup and adjust, so I think I am ready to try it.
Well the Lil lady is in my face to go out and git 'er done.
Later

New Scooter 13 Jan 2007 10:15 #105385

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
JimatMilkyWay wrote:

BTW wireman,
6.6K posts!
Are you for real?

See thread "Favorite Cars", page 3.:laugh:

Post edited by: Nevco48, at: 2007/01/13 13:15

New Scooter 13 Jan 2007 11:13 #105403

• wireman
  • Visitor
Nevco48 wrote:

JimatMilkyWay wrote:

BTW wireman,
6.6K posts!
Are you for real?

See thread "Favorite Cars", page 3.:laugh:<br><br>Post edited by: Nevco48, at: 2007/01/13 13:15

oh you just had to bring that up didnt ya?:P

New Scooter 13 Jan 2007 11:41 #105413

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
In your own words, Wireman-:laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: :laugh: :ohmy: :lol: :side: :lol: :silly: :laugh: :blink: :woohoo:

You can't get away with much 'round here!

• Page: