Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

750G1 carb woes. 24 Jul 2006 15:33 #64335

• godsjester71
  • godsjester71's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1

OK, so I think this is right. This is an old pic of the carbs in question, they were working fine back when this was taken, they now have alot less black on them.

I have drained the float bowls by loosening the hex nut at the bottom and fuel came out the drain hose. It does make some sense that a clear hose atached to this and then loosen the hex nut, with the petcock on ON with gas in the tank, would show a leve of the floats. My friend did similar with a section of hose to read gas in his 55 gallon drum gas tank on his pick-up.

If that is the vent hose is question, I can check that wednesday. I think, but my mind is a bit resinous still, I saw this running into the air box, just hanging there?

Post edited by: godsjester71, at: 2006/07/24 18:35
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

750G1 carb woes. 24 Jul 2006 18:23 #64392

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
Yes the hoses are marked correctly, and no that bottom hose nipple is not a drain, well, it is a drain, but it only drains if the float bowls are over full.

I have a float bowl sitting right in front of me, and there is a standpipe on top of that nipple. With the hex screw in place I can blow through the hose attached to that nipple and air comes out the top of the standpipe. Without the hex screw in place the same thing happens, and when I put my finger on the end of the satndpipe I can no longer blow through it whether the hex screw is installed or not.
The standpipe sticks up about 1/4" above the flange of the floatbowl.
That hex nut is for access to the main jet.

Of course it's entirely possible that your carbs are different than the "G" and "B" carbs I have here, maybe they have been replaced with some other model carbs in the past.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/07/24 21:26
KD9JUR

750G1 carb woes. 26 Jul 2006 08:58 #64846

• godsjester71
  • User
yeah, i know the stand pipe you speak of. Its what told me which way the gasket goes on the carb (hole in material for it). I'm not refuting what you said, i do remember tho drainging the float bowls for the winter once, i loosened something (cant check, im sitting in my car on the north side waiting for the rain to end) and thought it drained out that hose. maybe that was my 550. the hex nut does go to a jet tho.

Thanks for the help steell, it is appreciated.

750G1 carb woes. 26 Jul 2006 09:07 #64852

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
So where are we on getting the bike running?

It ought to start and idle with the float levels way off (I have done it), so if it has fuel in the bowls then the idle jets must be plugged.
KD9JUR

750G1 carb woes. 27 Jul 2006 12:26 #65197

• godsjester71
  • User
I haven't been out to the garage since last week. I'll pull the bowls off this weekend and check it all out.

• Page: